Learn About Fun Quizzes and Tests
The Internet has grown into a hub of communication, a place to meet friends and socialize, a source for news, a research tool, an avenue for self-expression, a marketplace, and a source of endless entertainment. The Internet brings us movies, television shows, funny home videos, music, memes, jokes, literature, among other diversions. Online games and quizzes can help us pass the time, and help us learn more about ourselves into the bargain. Here are some online games and quizzes you might enjoy:
Everyone loves some trivia! Entertain yourself and your friends with these online trivia quizzes:
- A quick and fun general knowledge trivia quiz from FunTrivia.com!
- Test your knowledge of famous historical figures with this online trivia quiz.
- Are you a fan of The Simpsons? Try this Simpsons-themed trivia quiz.
- This world trivia quiz from Sheppard Software randomly chooses 20 out of 480 questions each time you play, so you can enjoy it again and again!
- This challenging quiz tests your knowledge of U.S. geography.
- This trivia quiz tests your knowledge of 19th century historical figures.
- Play the classic board game Trivial Pursuit online for free!
- Play Star Quiz from Game Factory online for free.
- Sports fan? Take the ESPN sports trivia quiz!
- Hey kids! Test your knowledge of cartoon trivia!
- Take the Betty White trivia quiz from AARP.org.
Personality and Psychology Self-Tests
Personality and psychology self-tests, like the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, give us some insight into ourselves. We can use the results of these tests to decide which occupations might best suit us, which people we might be most compatible with, or which living situations might make us most comfortable.
- This personality test, based on Jungian principles, illuminates the relationship between who you are, who you’d like to be, and what you’re drawn to. There are 144 questions.
- This Jungian personality test compares your ideal personality with your actual one.
- The Keirsey Temperament Sorter is one of the world’s most reliable personality tests. It’s similar to the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test. You can take it for free online at Keirsey.com.
- The Maslow Inventory Test rates how self-actualized you are, according to Maslow’s theory of the hierarchy of needs.
- Take this test with a partner to find out how compatible you are.
- The Jung Typology test will help you find your four-letter Myers-Briggs personality type.
- The Big Five Personality Test was developed by researchers are the National Institutes of Health, the University of Michigan and the University of Oregon in the 1970s.
- The Career Personality Test will help you choose a career where you’ll excel.
- Take the Stanford Binet Intelligence Test free online.
Logic and Reasoning Games
Logic games help us sharpen our critical thinking abilities. Stay mentally sharp with some of these brain-training games:
- In Netwalk, rotate the puzzles pieces so that all the computers are connected to the network and there aren’t any loose ends.
- Lights Out – click on a cell to turn off the “lights” in that cell and in the surrounding cells. How many moves will it take you to turn all the lights out?
- In TenPair, remove every pair of numbers that adds up to ten.
- The Japanese game Nurikabe is based on the binary system.
- In Unblock It, clear the way for the red block to escape from the puzzle! You have a limited number of moves, so be careful!
- Make the dummy fall by clicking on objects and sparking chain reactions, in Save the Dummy.
- Play the popular game Bedazzled online for free.
- An online jigsaw puzzle by Steve White.
- You have a limited number of moves to eliminate all of the duplicate bombs in Shooter.
- Put the rocks in their proper places by pushing them, in Sokoban.
- Put the pieces together so that the numbered sides match each other in Vexed.
Memory and Concentration Games
Concentration is a classic card game used to improve memory. Source: Wikimedia Commons.
Memory games strengthen your ability to concentrate and remember. They’re good for young children and adults alike, and can help support cognitive performance as you age.
- The Shapes and Colors Game from AARP.org has you memorize a series of images and then pick them out of a line-up.
- Don’t forget about your auditory memory! Identify animal calls with The Squeaking Mouse.
- Play the classic memory game Concentration online.
- Play the classic memory and concentration game Simon Says online.
- In Trolley Dash, memorize a grocery list, then find the items without checking it!
- This challenging, fast-paced concentration game works your brain’s ability to distinguish between irrelevant and important information. It’s also a great way to hone your reaction time.
- Test your ability to memorize numbers and words in this game from iBraining.com.
- Win this game by memorizing a series of colors.