The following is a guide that provides information on how to solve integer sequences, permutations and combinations. The guide includes online calculators, videos as guides, tutorials, lesson plans and other types of informative pages explaining math equations and terms.
How to Calculate Integer Sequences
- MartinDale’s Calculators Online Center: This website provides several different types of calculators for users, including an online integer calculator.
- Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences Seeker: EIS-Seeker is a libguile-based scheme interpreter devoted to integer sequences.
- On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences: Users can input integer sequences and find appropriate sample formulas for each sequence.
- WolframAlpha: An online tool that provides an integer sequence calculator.
How to Solve Permutation Problems
- Amazing Mathematical Object Factory: Amazing Mathematical Object Factory offers tutorials on a variety of math topics including subsets and permutations.
- Permutation Group Problems: Compiled by Peter Cameron, this website provides several examples of permutation group problems.
- Permutation Groups Resources: This is an online resource for permutation groups, as well as related areas in permutation group theory and combinatorics.
- The Permutation Homepage: This website provides users with a host of mathematical web pages related to solving permutation problems.
How to Solve Combination Problems
- MathisFunAdvanced: This website explains the differences between combinations and permutations and gives users a host of examples to help them work through combination problems.
- MathWarehouse: MathWarehouse provides examples and explanations of combination equations. It also includes interactive games and a graphic calculator.
- MathWithLarry: MathWithLarry has explanations for simple combination problems (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Mathwire: A fun mathematics blog that gives a good description of simple combination problems. The blog is an offshoot of MathWire, a website that includes other helpful math-related resources that younger students will find helpful.
- WonderHowTo: WonderHowTo offers users an informative short video on how to solve combination problems.